Sunday, October 10, 2010

East TN love

Last weekend, Jim's sister, Stephanie, and Dad threw a shower for us in East Tennessee. Note to self: in the future, I need to do a better job of taking pictures!

Anyhow, they did a sweet job decorating the room with primary colors and toys as centerpieces that were gifts for us to take home. We ate soup, sandwiches, fruit, and cake made by Jim's Aunt Jennie that she had decorated with edible ABC blocks.

I felt really loved to have Mom, Dad, and Lindsey there...they were troopers to make the 5 hour trip. We received so many generous gifts...from sweet new clothes and baby books to some great necessities like a stroller, baby carrier, pack & play, and monitor.

While opening presents, I gasped quite audibly when I opened one and saw a bright orange UT onesie. I suppose the thought had never occurred to me that my son would wear such. When my sister saw it, she asked (across the room with several folks donning UT shirts), "Is he really going to wear that?" to which Jim replied, "It's from my grandmother." Classic.

I was easily comforted when I remembered one of my very first purchases for the babe was a UK jumper for basketball season. I was shopping at a consignment sale and didn't know the baby's gender yet...but UK garb was obviously a safe, gender neutral choice.

After the shower, Jim, Stephanie, and I headed to the mall to shop at our Aunt Sherri's store, Baby Bundles.
It was great to have Stephanie with us to give us some motherly advice as we shopped. We bought *such* fun items there...a diaper bag, swaddling blankets, shoes, clothes, snuggly snowsuit, soft little basketball, and a small stuffed dog that looks like Ollie.

No comments:

Post a Comment